Monday, October 18, 2010

SPECIES DIVA TO SAVE THE WORLD!!

       Here is is, folks! Instead of waiting for January to roll around, hubby and I have decided to
transform our bodies....starting today. No lame resolutions here, Baby! We have decided that
bodybuilding is our path in life, and there is much to do in order to prepare our bodies and minds for competition. However, I do need to clarify that I will not be competing as a builder, I will lean way more towards the figure competition. Maybe someday my muscles will be that big, but not for quite some time. While neither of us will be competing before August of 2011 (Vancouver, B.C.), I have tons of body fat to shed and we both have to focus on building lean, mean muscle. We have designed a personal workout and nutrition program, have all the needed equipment for working out (for now), and have our supplements all lined up. Species Nutrition offers tons of awesome products. They are our provider of choice, Dave Palumbo really knows his stuff! We will be using Isolyze, Omegalyze, Lipolyze, Somalyze and Crealyze daily, Fiberlyze and Aqualyze on occasion. After a practice test of sorts with these supplements last week, I cannot imagine using anything else. We have Isolyze in three flavors: Cherry Vanilla, Vanilla Peanut Butter and Vanilla Ice Cream. They are OFF THE CHARTS incredible tasting, with no carbohydrates and no sugar. I am HOOKED! Vanilla Peanut Butter flavor is like getting a sinful milkshake...with none of the guilt! Who doesn't love getting a treat like that every single day? Get your fix at http://www.speciesnutrition.com/. Dave explains each product, and why it is beneficial, in complete detail.

Onwards and upwards, my training will look something like this:

Day 1 (today)- Bulgarian bag training, 1. Spins 2. Overhead Snatch 3. Good mornings 4. Body Twist 5. Squat Jumps 6. Military Press 7. Hammer Curl 8. High Pulls 9. Sit ups 10. Push ups

10 reps of each for warm up, then 15, 10 and 5 repetitions of all ten exercises. While this may seem pretty weak, it is only a starting point. My goal is to work up to 10 for warm-up, 40, 30, 20, and 10 reps each. A 1-2 minute break between sets for water, and no stopping until the set is done. The higher numbers are much more like two-time U.S. Olympian Jim Gruenwald's daily workout. If it's good enough for an Olympic champion, it is certainly good enough for a shy country girl from Southern Missouri! :) Washington state has won my heart, but Missouri will forever be my first love.


Day 2- Michael Skogg's Powerbell training x 2 (we got our 40 and 20 pound Kettlebells at Wal-Mart. Weider puts this bell out, it takes the place of Kettlebells all the way up to 40 pounds). I will use regular Kettlebells from time to time when I feel like a more traditional workout.

Day 3- Bulgarian bag training

Day 4- Powerbell training

Day 5 Bulgarian bag training

Day 6- Powerbell training

Day 7- REST, nothing more active than walking or hiking with the family

After two weeks, I will be adding cardio in the afternoons. Bulgarian bag and Powerbell or Kettlebell training take care of cardio as well as strength training, but extra afternoon cardio will help me to shed body fat quickly. Five days a week I will alternate Cardio-X with Plyometrics, on the sixth day I will do something a little lower key like Recumbent bike or treadmill.

       Nutrition....6 meals a day, three of which are Isolyze shakes. Post workout shake will be a combination of Isolyze and Carbolyze in order to shuttle nutrients and fluids to begging muscles. This will also help to cut down on recovery time. Crealyze pre-workout, and the other three meals consisting of lean chicken breast and broccoli or green beans with an apple added once a day. My splurges between now and August of 2011 will be fat free coffee creamer once a day, whole wheat toast every now and then, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, and one meal for each of my son's birthdays (one in February, one in May). Starting 01 January, I will cut out carbs almost completely in order to stay in keto-mode and obliterate fat.

       Conveniently, my smaller Bulgarian bag arrived today. Weak, I know...but I need to start out light to keep from knocking myself out! My Lab/German mix terrorized the poor UPS guy when it was delivered. She is thoroughly convinced that if she could JUST eat ONE delivery guy, she would feel validated! lol He BRAVELY threw her a dog treat...from the safe confines of his comfy little brown truck! I don't blame the poor guy, she is enough to scare Pink into submission! Anyway, I will be using the extra-small bags for Open Spins and Overhead Snatches, the next size up for everything else. If anyone is interested in getting their hands on bags of their own, you can find them at www.suples.com. Their shipping is flat rate, and they are very quick with getting them out to you. Ivan is super friendly, he will take good care of you. Mine are only 11 and 17 pounders, but we will be adding heavier ones as strength and endurance are increased.

       There you have it, my plan of action to conquer the world! Well, my world at least! I adore the fact that I have a spouse who is so supportive. He has been on the ride with me for over 8 years now. Through all of my crazy ideas and off the wall approaches, he even sees that this is the last and lasting decision. We are a team, we have a vision, we will succeed! Thanks, Miguel! You are the best! I will be posting progress photos every four weeks. Regular posting will happen daily, barring any major upsets in routine.

Blessings-

Mary Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment